The Department of HUMANITIES and SCIENCES was established in 2008. The department plays a vital role in grooming the students with basic knowledge of sciences and language. The department offers Chemistry, English, Mathematics and Physics devoted for all round development of I Year students. Mathematics and English subjects are also offered in II and III yr as well.
The department of Humanities and Sciences is strengthened by experienced professors in each subject of Mathematics, English, Physics and Chemistry. The faculty is highly qualified and indulges in academic activities like writing text books and conducting conferences and publishing research papers. The Department provides an outstanding research environment.
Our vision is to ignite the inherent application skills of theoretical knowledge. In view of this, the Department is devoted to the dissemination of knowledge from an interdisciplinary perspective and to empower the students the blend of Engineering and Management.
At the outset the department is acting as a bridge between the Science and Technology.
The Department of Humanities & Sciences at GNIT, Ibrahimpatnam, right from its commencement in 2008 has been extensively engaged in teaching and Research activities of Engineering & Sciences. It’s an abode of excellence in the fields of engineering & science research and education. Students are made familiar with the latest theoretical developments in their respective disciplines. Since both science and humanities may seem to be very abstract because of the very nature of the subjects, special attention is given to put all classroom discussions in the context of practical realities. The Department of Humanities & Sciences supported by 6 members of doctorate faculty in diversified fields of science, makes the department one of its kind of state. Most of the faculty in the department employs ICT based teaching via tools like Google Class room, Google forms, Flipped Class rooms, Plickers, Power Point Presentations, Video lectures, YouTube videos etc., A large amount of faculty in our department are SET/NET, NPTEL and BEC qualified and furthermore they published their research papers in a very well reputed international / national journals with good number of citations which makes them eminent and competent in their corresponding fields.
To be a World-class Educational and Research Institution in the service of humanity by promoting high quality Engineering and Management education.
- Imbibe soft skills and technical skills.
- Develop the faculty to reach international standards.
- Maintain high academic standards and teaching quality that promote analytical thinking and Independent judgement.
- Promote research, innovation and product development in collaboration with reputable Foreign Universities.
- Offer collaborative industry program in the emerging areas and spirit of enterprise.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: : : Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics natural science, and engineering sciences.
- Design / development of solutions: : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or process that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, society and environmental consideration.
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems:: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: : Apply ethics principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in an team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.