Mechanical Engineering HOD
Dr. B. VIJAYA KUMAR
B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D , LMISTE, LMIIW.
Professor & HOD
Dr. B.Vijaya kumar obtained his bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Bapatla Engineering College in 1996 ,Master’s Degree in Production Engineering from JNTUH in 2001 and awarded Ph.D in August-2016 from JNTU Hyderabad .Presently he is working as Professor and Head for Department of Mechanical Engineering at Guru Nanak Institute of Technology, Ibrahimpatnam Hyderabad. He has 17 years of teaching experience and 5 years industrial experience in manufacturing and process industries.
He has Expertise in Erection and Commissioning of process plant equipment, design and modification of batch type plant equipment etc. His fields of interests are welding, metal forming & material science. He has guided 42 B. Tech projects. And 17 M. Tech projects. He is the life member of Indian Institute of Welding and Indian Society for Technical Education (LMIIW & LMISTE). He got an appreciation for best paper in national conference from CMR Technical Campus. Hyderabad.
• Harvinder Singh Saini, Bongarala Vijaya Kumar, “Split Exhaust System With Single and Multiple Suction Fans for Flue Gases in the Kitchen Chimney”.Numbered as PCT/IN2018/050523
|National Patent :|
• Harvinder Singh Saini, Bongarala Vijaya Kumar, “Split Exhaust System With Single and Multiple Suction Fans for Flue Gases in the Kitchen Chimney”, App. No. 201841022587 A, 2018.
• Harvinder Singh Saini, Bongarala Vijaya Kumar, “An Exhaust arrangement for Accelerated and Accentuated Draught and Expulsion of Gases and Vapours Using Chimney of Varying Cross Section”, App. No. 201841006120 A, 2018.
Published in International Journals:
- B. Vijaya Kumar, G. Madhusudhan Reddy, T. Mohandas “Influence of Friction Surfacing Parameters on Physical Dimensions of Aa6063 Aluminium alloy coating over Mild Steel”Published in International Journal of Defence Technology ( Elsevier Publisher ), 2015, 2214-9147.
- B. Vijaya Kumar, G. Madhusudhan Reddy, T. Mohandas, “Identification of Suitable Process Parameters for Friction Surfacing of Mild Steel with AA6063 Aluminum Alloy” published in International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing and Technology (IJAMT) (Springer Link Publisher), 2014, DOI:10.1007/s70-014-5964-7.
- Dr. B. Vijaya Kumar, Mr. B. Praveen Kumar, Dr. S. Sreenatha Reddy “Influence of filler material on mechanical properties of Gas Tungsten arc welding” , IJATET, 2017-18, ISBN: 2456-4664.
- Dr. B. Vijaya Kumar, Praveen Kumar.B, Sasanka Jonaalagadda “Experimental Study of Resistance Spot Welding Technique on Dissimilar Steels”, IJSRD, Vol.5, Issue 05, 2017, 2321-0613.
- Dr. B. Vijaya Kumar, Dr. G. Madhusudhan Reddy, Dr. T. Mohandas, Dr. S. Sreenatha Reddy, Dr. M. Ramalinga Reddy, “Evaluation of Micro Structure During Friction Surfacing of AA6063 Al-Alloy Over Mild Steel, ICIME-2018, ISBN: 978-93-85100-86-4.
- Praveen Kumar.B, Bhashavena Shushma, Dr. B. Vijaya Kumar “Design and Optimization of Solenoid Actuators, Vol. 5, Issue.4, TROI, 2017-18, ISSN:2393-8374.
- M. Sridhar, Abhay Chakra, Dr. S. Sreenatha Reddy, Dr. M. Ramalinga Reddy, Dr. B. Vijaya Kumar, “Review on Effects of Propulsion on Aerodynamics of Aircraft”, ICIME-2018, ISBN:978-93-85100-86-4.
- M. Sampath Kumar, Dr. R. Dhanasekaran, Dr. B. Vijaya Kumar, Praveen Kumar. B “Experimental Investigation of Impact Shore hardness and Scanning Electron Microscope Properties of Luffacylindrica, Banana, Sisal and Glass reinforced Epoxy Composites”, JETIR, 2017, Vol. 4, Issue.5, 2349-516.
- Varalaxmi, M. Srihari, B. Naresh, Dr. B. Vijaya Kumar, “Friction Stir Welding of AA6061&AA5052 Al-alloys IN-SITU Analysis with Atmospheric Air and Under Water Condition”, TROI,2017-18, 2393-8374.
- N. Surya, B. Vijaya Kumar, T. Mohandas, “Advances in Automotive Technology” Mechanical Property Evaluation of Friction Seam Welding of Aluminium Alloy AA6063”.
- B. Vijaya Kumar, Dr. T. Mohandas, Dr. G. Madhusudha Reddy, Dr. Anjaneya Prasead, “A Study on the Use of Frictional Energy for Surface Modification of Mild Steel With AA6061 Aluminium Alloy Over Lay”.
- Yashwanth Kumar. M, Dr. Dhanasekaran R, Dr. Sreenatha Reddy, Dr. Vijaya Kumar. B, “Review on Wear Characteristics of Aluminium Silicon Carbide Reinforced with Basalt Fibre”.
- Dr. B. Vijay Kumar, “Optimised Design and Fabrication of Pedestal Bearing”, IJSPR, 2016, ISSN: 2349-4689.
Published in Conferences:
- Azgarpasha, Dr. S. Sreenatha Reddy, Dr. B Vijaya Kumar“Detection of Surface and Subsurface Defects in Nuclear Grade Materials using NDT Techniques”, organized by NCAMMT’17, Department of Mechanical Engineering, SRM University, Vadapalani
- B. Vijaya Kumar, G. Madhusudhan Reddy, T. Mohandas “Effect of Parameters on Efficiency of AA6063 Aluminium Alloy Coating on Mild Steel in Friction Surfacing” Published in National Conference on Resent Trends in Mechanical Engineering (RIME-2K14) organized by CMR Technical Campus on 21st March-2014.
- B. Vijaya Kumar, G. Madhusudhan Reddy, T. Mohandas “Friction surfacing of AA6063 aluminium alloy over Mild steel” published in National conference ( National Welding Seminar-2013) at Bangalore
- B Surya, B. Vijaya Kumar, T. Mohandas A Comparative Evaluation of Gas Tungsten Arc Welds and Friction Seam Welds of an Aluminium Alloy published in National conference ( National Welding Seminar-2013) at Bangalore
- B Surya, B. Vijaya Kumar, T. Mohandas Mechanical Property Evaluation of Friction Seam Welds of Aluminium alloy AA 6063 published in national conference (KIIT International Symposium-2013) at Bhubaneswar
- 6. B. Vijaya Kumar, G. Madhusudhan Reddy, T. Mohandas A study on the use of frictional energy for surface modification of mild steel with AA6061 aluminium alloy over lay published in International conference ( TEAM TECH-2008, sept.22nd -24th at IISC Bangalore )
Membership in Technical Societies: ISTE (Life Member) & LMIIW (Life Member)
Guided 3 teams in product design and manufacturing area and made them to participate in Go-Kart Design Challenge (GKDC) & Quad Bike Design Challenge (QBDC) for the academic years 2015 – 2016, 2016 – 2017, 2017 – 2018. Teams achievements are 2015 – 2016 5th place in national level, 2016 – 2017 champions in National level, 2017 – 2018 runners in national level.