Electrical and Electronics Engineering has an enormous and widespread impact on our daily lives. From power stations to electric vehicle charging, telecom networks to computing infrastructures, electronic systems, the world of entertainment and industry are designed and operated by Electrical Engineers.
Hence, Electrical and Electronics becomes a core branch of Engineering, creating the technology and systems of the future demands vision and technical expertise.
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2011, with an annual intake of 60 students, and is fully equipped with highly sophisticated equipments and modernized laboratories.
The department has well qualified and experienced Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors who are experts in their own disciplines. They aim for educating and training the students with sound knowledge and awareness on latest trends in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
The department has developed strong links with Industry, Academic and Research organizations. The students of the department are regularly exposed up-to-the-minute trends in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering through regular industrial visits, guest lectures, conferences, and workshops etc.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has an excellent reputation for both its teaching and R&D in Energy Auditing, Solar and Consulting Projects with various organizations.
To be recognized as one of the best EEE departments in the region and to develop the department to a level of par excellence that produces Electrical Engineers who can be an asset to the country.
M1: To nurture young individual into knowledge, skillful and ethical professionals in their pursuit of knowledge.
M2: To promote academic growth by offering state of the art programmes for the students and faculties.
M3: To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectuals capable of being an asset to the country can emerge.
M4: To nurture the faculty and expose them to world class infrastructure.
M5: To sustain performance by excellence in teaching, research and innovations.
M6: To extensive partnership and collaborations with foreign universities for technology up gradation.
GNIT is committed to provide quality education through dedicated and talented Faculty, World-class infrastructure, Labs and Advanced Research Center to the students.
1. The main objective of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program is the upliftment of rural students through technical education. These technocrats should be able to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering, experimentation skills to identify Electrical/Electronic problems in the industry and academia and be able to develop practical solutions to them and also, gain employment as an Electrical and Electronics professional.
2. The graduates of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program should be able to establish themselves as practicing professionals in Electrical Transmission & Distribution, Electrical grid, Generating Plant, or sustain a lifelong career in related areas. Also, the graduates of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Program should be able to use their skills with a strong base to prepare them for higher education.
3. The graduates of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program should be able to develop an ability to analyze the requirements, understand the technical specifications, design and provide economical & social acceptable engineering solutions and produce efficient product designs of equipments by means of organized training or self learning in areas related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
4. The graduates of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program should have an exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies, adequate training and opportunities to work as team on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills, individual, supportive and leadership qualities and also be able to establish an understanding of professionalism, ethics, public policy and aesthetics that allows them to become good professional engineers.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual Knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Excellence in education: Qualified faculty educates students through theory and hands on instructions, using state of the art methodologies. Faculty will continuously engage in updating teaching-learning skills that enhance the classroom instructions.
Our graduates will engage in lifelong learning demonstrated by advanced education, professional development and other career-enhancing activities.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Students' Association (EEESA) is to enrich, empower and educate the students for their benefit to impart additional knowledge in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering. In order to develop their Co-Curricular skills, various events like guest lecturers, technical quiz and workshops are organized. Students are encouraged in participating and conducting various academic and research activities in advanced fields of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
In addition to association activities, students and staff of EEE are actively involving themselves in servicing to the society with activities such as Swachh Bharat, Plantation of trees, teaching campaign on moral value at orphanages.
Department is concentrating on overall development of the student and is able to move confidently in achieving the goal with their teaching faculty, academic assistants and through technical association.